4070 Jurupa Avenue
Riverside, CA 92506
Data accessed November 26, 2019.
Community Care and Rehabilitation Center is a for-profit corporation owned by Irving Bauman, David Johnson, Francis Johnson, and Eli Marmur. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 162 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or a Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on December 14, 2018 the facility received 18 citations for various failures, including to:
- Provide a resident with informations about the medications she was being administered.
- Provide adequate personal privacy to a resident who was “observed with her lower body parts exposed” and visible from a hallway.
- Develop and implement a baseline care plan addressing a resident’s interests and preferred activities.
- Ensure the prompt address of a resident’s complaint regarding discomfort while their wound was being treated.
- Ensure the proper labeling of an unsealed multi-dose vial of medication with its open date.
- Ensure the proper and safe storage of personal foods brought by residents’ family members and other visitors.
- Implement proper infection control measures in instances wherein the instruments used for the debridement of a resident’s wound were placed atop the resident’s bed with no clean barrier in between, and in which a visitor did not wear adequate protective equipment or perform hand hygiene when entering and exiting a resident’s isolation room.
Fire and Safety Inspections
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on August 13, 2019, and 0 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 149.6.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 44 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 19 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 26 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 7 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.