8487 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504
Data accessed December 4, 2019.
Mission Care Center is a for-profit corporation owned by Irving Bauman, Thomas Chambers, David Johnson, Francis Johnson, and Eli Marmur. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 40 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or a Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on March 14, 2019 the facility received 7 citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure that a resident was assessed and given medical supervision by a physician and non-physician practitioner in connection to the resident’s nutritional status and weight loss.
- Ensure the storage in accordance with manufacturer recommendations of several medications, including: 83 vials of a sulfate inhalation medication that were stored outside of a pouch and available for use; five devices used to maintain airways that were expired and ready for use; and one bottle of an inflammation medication that was expired and available for use.
- Ensure that the results of a test were timely obtained for a resident who received a urine culture and sensitivity laboratory test.
- Ensure the competency of one staffer member in completing food safety practices in an instance when the staffer could not demonstrate an understanding of labeling practices.
- Ensure the proper handling and storage of food in multiple instances, including: dry and cold foods that were not properly labeled; a can opener that contained a dent; and a staffer who “touched the top of the plates with the oven mitt during trayline.”
- Ensure that bed rail pads were both safe and sanitary in instances when an inspector observed that two residents had tears on their pads.
Fire and Safety Inspections
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on April 30, 2019, and 0 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 39.1.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 4 hours and 26 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 27 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 59 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 1 minute.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 8 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.