11162 Palm Terrace Lane
Riverside, CA 92505
Data accessed December 5, 2019.
Palm Terrace Care Center is a for-profit corporation owned by NAHS Southeast Inc. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 75 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or a Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on December 20, 2018, the facility received 15 citations for various failures, including to:
- Knock on the doors of or otherwise request permission to enter the rooms of five residents.
- Ensure a resident’s capability to self-administer medication.
- Ensure the provision to a resident of written information concerning their right to formulate advance directives.
- Ensure two residents were provided with treatment per a physician’s orders in two instances: one in which a resident was self-administering without a physician’s orders; and another in which a nurse was preparing to administer insulin to a resident although the insulin was labeled with another resident’s name.
- Ensure a resident’s medications were locked in a stored and secured cabinet.
- Ensure a staff was able to properly test a disinfecting solution concentration.
- Provide dessert to 20 residents with prescribed carbohydrate consistent diets.
- Ensure food was served at a palatable temperature.
- Ensure the proper handling and storage of food in an instance in which a meat refrigerator did not have a thermometer.
- Ensure that garbage and refuse bins were not overflowing.
Fire and Safety Inspections
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on February 26, 2019, and 0 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 66.3.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 42 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 32 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 19 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 31 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 18 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.