1700 E. Washington Street
Colton, CA 92324
Data accessed December 18, 2019.
Meadows Ridge Care Center is a for-profit LLC owned by Aaron Friedman, David Friedman, Tzippy Friedman-Notis, Ruchel Klavan, and Libby Lehmann. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 99 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on June 20, 2019, the facility received 12 citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure two residents were treated with dignity and respect in an instance in which a staffer entered their share room without knocking on the door and requesting permission.
- Ensure a resident was provided a bariatric wheel chair when she was missing her wheel chair, resulting in the resident not getting out of bed for a month.
- Ensure staff followed the facility’s grievance policy for theft and lost items in an instance when one resident’s wheel chair was missing for a month and another resident’s upper denture was missing for two weeks.
- Accurately code two residents’ Minimum Data Set assessments.
- Ensure a resident with a pressure wound received scheduled showers during a two-week period, resulting in the potential for further skin breakdown.
- Implement the facility’s fall policy and procedure for a resident who was not monitored for at least 3 hours after a fall.
- Properly assess a resident for pain before administering pain management medication.
- Properly label medications received from the pharmacy.
- Accommodate the food preferences of a resident with lactose intolerant.
- Ensure beverages and food items were stored with labels reflecting their date of preparation.
Fire and Safety Inspections
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on June 11, 2019, and 4 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 88.3.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.8.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hours and 23 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 46 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 20 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 3 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 29 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 19 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 4 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.