12696 Monte Vista Road
Poway, CA 92064
Data accessed November 20, 2019.
Boulder Creek Post Acute is a for-profit corporation owned by Madison Creek Partners, Leland Bruce, and Covey Christensen. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 149 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or a Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on October 22, 2018, the facility received 50 citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure that residents were treated with dignity and respect in instances where staff spoke non-English languages in front of them while providing care, causing residents to feel uncomfortable.
- Ensure the self-administration of medications as ordered for a resident.
- Ensure the protection of residents’ confidential information in an instance in which a binder containing resident medication records was lost, violating residents’ right to privacy.
- Ensure the maintenance of a resident’s bedroom in a clean and homelike manner.
- Complete a quarterly assessment for a resident, resulting in the potential for services to be inaccurately implemented for that resident.
- Draw blood on a resident for laboratory tests.
- Elevate two residents’ legs and heels to prevent swelling and increase circulation to their feet.
- Timely develop an individualized, written pressure ulcer care plan for one resident.
- Provide appropriate interventions in connection to a resident’s skin care.
- Provide adequate staffing to meet three residents’ needs, exposing those residents to “physical and potential psychosocial harm.”
- Ensure the provision of person-centered care to two residents with dementia.
Fire and Safety Inspections
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on December 11, 2018, and no fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 138.1.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 14 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 26 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 48 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 25 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 7 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.