1980 Felicita Road
Escondido, CA 92025
Data accessed November 19, 2019.
Life Care Center of Escondido is a for-profit corporation owned by the Life Care Affiliates II. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 120 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on July 20, 2018, the facility received ten citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure the development of a care plan for a resident’s medication pump.
- Ensure the completion of care plans for two residents by someone with educational qualifications that met regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that a hospice agency recorded care and treatment in accordance with a resident’s plan of care.
- Ensure that the facility followed menus for residents with regular, puree, dysphagia, cardiac, and low-sodium diets in an instance when a starch was not served and an appropriate substitution was not provided.
- Ensure the storage and preparation of food in a sanitary fashion in instances where dried, crusted food substances were discovered on cutlery and dishes stored as clean; dark food stains were discovered on bulk dry food storage bins; and moldy vegetables were stored inside large clear open bins.
- Ensure the storage of clean linens in a sanitary manner, resulting in the risk that resident might be exposed to contaminated linens.
- Ensure the maintenance of a walk-in refrigerator in safe conditions, leading to the “inappropriate storage of food in a refrigerator with faulty leaky pipes” that were conducive to the growth of bacteria.
Fire and Safety Inspections
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on October 3, 2018, and no fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 102.0.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 32 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 28 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 4 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 31 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 9 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.