3476 West Wilson Street
Banning, CA 92220
Banning Healthcare is a for-profit institution owned by Mount Megiddo, LLC. This facility has 64 certified beds and is not in a hospital or a continuing care retirement community (CCRC).
Fines and Citations
As a result of their last health inspection on April 5, 2018, they received 20 citations for failure to:
- Recognize the honor and dignity of the resident’s existence and offer appetizing food served in an appropriate manner;
- Accommodate the needs and preferences of the residents;
- Hold resident meetings in a space large enough to allow all residents to attend;
- Immediately notify the resident, the resident’s doctor, and a family member or friend of a situation that negatively affects the resident;
- Produce a reason or evidence for transferring or discharging a resident;
- Notify the resident, a friend, or family member of how long the facility will hold the resident’s bed in the event of a transfer or discharge;
- Prepare and implement a plan to meet the most immediate needs of a resident within 48 hours of admission;
- Develop and implement a care plan specific to the needs of some residents;
- Provide appropriate range of motion care for a resident which led to a decline in mobility;
- Provide appropriate respiratory care for a resident;
- Ensure that a licensed pharmacist perform a monthly drug review;
- Implement gradual dose reductions unless contraindicated;
- Ensure medication error rates stay below 5%;
- Ensure menus offered enough options to meet the nutritional needs of all residents;
- Provide food that is palatable and safe. In addition, the food was not served at the appropriate temperature;
- Appropriately, acquire and store food in accordance with professional standards;
- Provide and implement infection control and prevention programs;
- Maintain clean laundry facilities.
Fire and Safety Inspections
This facility does have automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. It’s most recent fire and safety inspection was on June 5, 2018, and no citations were given. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.8 and, in the U.S., it is 2.9.
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 50.9.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 86.0.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 36 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 33 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 29 minutes.
The California average is 37 minutes.
The national average is 40 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 7 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 8 minutes.
The national average is 53 minutes.
Nurse Aid Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 33 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 34 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 20 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 6 minutes.
The California Average is 8 minutes.
The national average is 7 minutes.