1200 Birchwood Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
Data accessed April 27, 2022.
Avamere Bellingham Health Care & Rehab Services is a for-profit corporation owned by ARISO LLC. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 84 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on May 20, 2019, the facility received 54 citations for various failures, including to:
- Honor the right of residents to a dignified existence, in instances in which four residents were not groomed or dressed in a dignified manner.
- Protect residents from abuse in the case of four residents who were not adequately protected from another resident’s aggressive behaviors, resulting in physical harm and verbal abuse that “placed all residents at increased risk for serious injury and psychological harm.”
- Keep residents’ drug regimens free from unnecessary psychotropic medications in the case of three residents who were consequently placed at risk of medication-related complications.
- Provide or obtain dental services for each resident, in the case of one resident whose ill-fitting or loose dentures were not addressed.
- Ensure resident environments are free of accident hazards in a case where potentially hazardous chemicals were not secured when they were not under staff supervision.
- Provide adequate supervision for residents with wandering behaviors, placing the residents “at risk for potential harm from ingestion” of the above-described potentially hazardous chemicals.
Fire and Safety Inspections
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on May 8, 2019, and 14 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in Washington is 5.8; in the U.S., 4.4.
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 62.1.
The Washington average is 62.9.
The national average is 76.5.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 4 hours and 17 minutes.
The Washington average is 4 hours and 11 minutes.
The national average is 3 hours and 46 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 32 minutes.
The Washington average is 56 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 5 minutes.
The Washington average is 47 minutes minutes.
The national average is 53 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 41 minutes.
The Washington average is 2 hours 28 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 12 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 5 minutes.
The Washington Average is 5 minutes.
The national average is 4 minutes.